Ubisoft announce IL-2 STURMOVIK: Cliffs of Dover
Ubisoft has announced that IL-2 STURMOVIK: Cliffs of Dover, will take off in March 2011 for PCs in Australia and New Zealand. IL-2 STURMOVIK: Cliffs of Dover is the latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.
IL-2 STURMOVIK: Cliffs of Dover takes place in 1940 during the pivotal aerial battle for the skies over Britain between the British, the German and the Italian air forces.
- New aircraft: incredibly detailed true-to-life modeling of aircraft systems based on thousands of hours of dedicated research. Every single aircraft component can be damaged for realistic and immensely satisfying results.
- Immersive game modes:
- Brand new setting – The battle will take place on a large area spanning London and southern England in the north, to Northern France and Belgium in the south. The huge map will contain thousands of historical cities, towns, roads, airfields, radar stations, ports, and industrial areas – all located exactly where they were in 1940.
- New 3D engine – Latest-gen graphics engine with DX10 and DX11 API support. Huge variety of photorealistic ground vehicles, buildings and other environmental elements recreate minute details of 1940s Europe.
- Customizable difficulty – dozens of realism options allow newcomers to the franchise to reduce the difficulty and focus on the fun while learning the ropes of being a pilot.
Flyable aircraft – Over a dozen famous and highly detailed English, German and Italian aircraft available, with all crew positions open to players. All flyable aircraft have been painstakingly researched, resulting in incredibly accurate cockpit interiors.
Non-flying aircraft – 13 additional AI-controlled aircraft are also available, created with the same attention to historical accuracy, for an even more varied and immersive combat environment.
Exciting Single-Player Campaign – The campaign thrusts the player into the middle of the battle. The player will join the British Air Force to fight the German forces and renegade pilots on his own side.
Massive multiplayer – Customizable modes range from simple death match-style free-for-alls to epic, ongoing 128 player battles that can last hours, days, weeks, or even longer.
Interactive training – Comprehensive interactive training for new players – fly a real WWII trainer plane with a computer controlled instructor through a series of training missions.
Ubisoft also announced that IL-2 STURMOVIK: Cliffs of Dover will be available in a special Collector’s Edition, along-side the standalone version.
This Collector’s Edition features the following collection of exclusive pilot material assets in a premium packaging:
- The Windows PC version of IL-2 STURMOVIK™: Cliffs of Dover
- A cloth pilot escape map showing The Battle of Britain strategic locations
- A replica of the Pilot’s Notes on the Spitfire I Aeroplane, provided to RAF pilots during The Battle of Britain and reprinted from the RAF Museum original document
- An in-depth 150-page ring binder pilot instructions
Consumers pre-ordering either the Standard Edition or the Collector’s Edition at UBIShop will get a free digital version of Silent Hunter III.